• Free kitten treatment
  • aesthetic
  • aesthetic
  • Free kitten treatment
  • aesthetic
  • aesthetic

A big thank you to our Canine Donors

Thank you to all our brave canine donors who attended our Blood Donation session on Saturday 1st June.

Did you know that one blood donation can help to save the lives of 4 dogs

Over next blood donation session will be held on 10th August.

If you are interested in registering your dog as a blood donor, please head on over to the Pet Blood Bank website to ensure they meet the criteria and to register them online – www.petbloodbankuk.org/pet-owners/canine-donor-programme/register-your-dog/
  • <

Xylitol toxocity in our pets

Xylitol is a sweetener which can be found in sugar-free products such as some baking mixes, cakes, buns, sugar-free chewing gum and mints, medicines, vitamines, peanut butter, sweets, jam and honey.

Signs of this toxicity may include weakness, lethargy, collapse, vomiting, tremors, jaundice or hypoglycaemia.

If you pet has ingested a food containing Xylitol, please contact your practice immediately for advice.
  • <

MK Love Animals Family Fun Day

Bring your family and friends along on 19 May to meet local animal charities, play games, win prizes, buy items for sale and have a fun day out. There will be a fun dog show, food for sale (inc a vegan BBQ) and lots more. Dogs are welcome too! Free entry and parking.

Run by MK Cat Rescue and sponsored by Milton Keynes Veterinary Group.
  • <

Those Easter beady goodies – Hot Cross Buns

Hot Cross Buns are another potential hazard to your pet at Easter. These delightful, bready goodies contain raisins, currants and sultanas which can be poisonous to our pets even in the smallest of quantities. Bear in mind to keep cakes and buns out of your pets reach.

Signs of this toxicity may include vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, anorexia, abdominal pain, increased thirst, change in urine frequency, or dehydration.
  • <

As spring comes round, the daffodils are out in bloom

Easter and Spring is a time of year we may associate with such plants as Daffodils.

Daffodils as well as many others bulbs, plants and house plants can be poisonous to our pets if they ingest them.

Signs of plant toxicity may include drooling, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, increased heart rate, abdominal pain, abnormal breathing or cardiac arrhythmias.

In the situation where you pet has ingested a plant, please contact your local vet immediately and bring information regarding the plant species if there is any. If there is no information what type of plant it is then bring along a photo of the plant or a piece of the plant to help identify it.
  • <
mkvetgroup-facebook   mkvetgroup-instagram   mkvetgroup-google   mkvetgroup-youtube