Firework tips for our small pets
Our small pets can get stressed too during the fireworks season. Here are some signs to look out for and what we can do to help them!Signs your small furry may be distressed:
- Stamping their hind legs
- Unwilling to move
- Trying to escape from their accommodation
- Ideally the best scenario during this season, is to bring their accommodation inside. However that isn’t always possible but moving them into your garage or shed will provide some soundproofing. If none of these are available then partly cover the hutch or cage with blankets.
- If you have a house rabbit or you can move your pets inside, close the windows and draw the curtains.
- Provide some background noise such as TV or radio. It is wise to start doing these before the fireworks season.
- Within their accommodation, make sure there are hiding places your pet can utilise to make them feel safe with plenty of bedding. More bedding will also help minimise the noise.