Heat Stroke – what to look out for!
Signs of heatstroke may vary from different animals, however these are the main symptoms to look out for: –
- Faster, heavier panting
- Signs of agitation
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive drooling
- Increased pulse / heartbeat
- Elevated body temperature
- Weakness or collapse
What to do if you think your pet is suffering from heatstroke?If your dog is suffering from heat stroke, they need to have their body temperature lowered gradually.
- Move your pet to a shaded/cool area
- Provide your pet with fresh, cool water in small quantities
- Contact your vet immediately for advice