Preparing for Fireworks season: Signs your pet may be distressed
Each individual animal will be affected differently by fireworks. Some may show just one or more of the below signs.
Read our tips on helping your pet during the firework season on our blog page.
- Shaking or trembling
- Scratching at the door to get out of room
- Hiding away
- Vocalisation – howling, barking, whining
- Excessive or abnormal attention seeking
- Loss of bodily control – urine/faeces
- Unwillingness to eat
- Hiding behind or on top of furniture
- Refusing to eat
Tags: bonfire night, Cat, dog, fireworks