It’s that time of year for Easter EggsWith the Easter Weekend soon approaching, we want you and your pet to have a HOPPY EASTER and therefore during this month we will be making you aware of potential dangers to your pet.
Some of us will have started to prepare for Easter by buying Easter Eggs for the occasion. Whether it be to give to family and friends or arrange an easter egg hunt for the little ones.
Easter eggs are made of cocoa solids containing Theobromine which is the substance that is poisonous to our pets. All types of chocolate whether it is white, milk or dark chocolate can contain Theobromine but at different quantities.
Signs of chocolate toxicity can include restlessness, vomiting, diarrhoea, increased thirst, elevated heart rate, increased blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, tremours or increased body temperature.
In the situation where your pet has indulge in your chocolate supplies, please contact your veterinary practice immediately along with the chocolate packaging if possible to show or discuss with your vet.