Milton Keynes Veterinary Group Coronavirus Services Updates
Update from Milton Keynes Veterinary Group – August 2020
Following our success in reopening our branches at Stony Stratford, Whaddon Way and Willen through July and August, we are now pleased to announce we can also welcome you back to our branch at Stoke Road from Monday 7th September! In addition, from this date all your regular team members will be back in their rightful surgeries, and we look forward to welcoming more of a sense of normality with our branches.
We are still limited in what appointments we can see, and we do still have some precautionary measures in place. As much as we can we are seeing any routine appointments at our branch surgeries, keeping the hospital at Walnut Tree free for more urgent and emergency cases. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility with which branch you book in with.
Through this unprecedented period we have had to postpone many of our normal services, including neutering and vaccinations. We have had a fantastic response from our clients to our waiting list system, and would like to thank you all for your understanding and patience. Now we are able to have all our branches reopen, we are pleased to be working our way through these lists to get your pet booked in for their needs as soon as possible.
During the last few months our team have been working their way through our vaccinations as a priority, and we saw an astonishing 2,118 vaccinations in July and August. We are currently booking in pets who were due their vaccinations in August, and with longer consulting sessions at our branches now available we hope to get fully up to date over the coming weeks. Please visit our vaccination page here if you are concerned about your pet, but please be assured we are working our hardest to get everyone booked in as soon as possible.
We are also working our way through our neutering waiting list, with dedicated neutering days at our Stoke Road branch to help us work our way through the list as soon as possible. Please click here to request you are added to the waiting list.
Our online services are still available for ordering your repeat prescriptions and food, as well as if you would like to request a consultation for your pet for any non-urgent issues. Please click here for repeat presciptions and here for appointment requests. Please remember to give us at least 24hours notice for medication and food requests whenever possible, so we can make sure we have your products in stock at your chosen surgery for collection. Our reception team will be in contact when your order is ready to take payment and arrange collection for you.
Over the last few months the Milton Keynes Veterinary Group team has really pulled together, working longer hours and often without taking a break to make sure we continue to provide the best care and service we can for your pet. These have been difficult times for everyone, and the Directors would like to thank the team for their continued efforts and commitment to the practice, as well as our clients for their understanding while we have had to adapt to a whole new way of working.
So a sincere thank you from us, to all of the Milton Keynes Veterinary Group family.
- ONE PERSON ONLY TO ATTEND THE SURGERY WITH YOUR PET.
- If more than one person needs to accompany your pet(s), then we kindly ask that you all wait outside of the surgery. Your vet or nurse will see you outside, and may still need to bring your pet into the building without you to keep numbers restricted (some exceptions may be allowed depending on circumstances, please discuss with us when booking your appointment)
- PLEASE WEAR A FACE COVERING WHILST VISITING OUR SURGERIES.
- Your face covering does not need to be a surgical mask, a fabric face covering is acceptable. If you cannot wear a face covering due to medical reasons please let us know when booking your appointment
- PLEASE MAKE USE OF THE HAND SANITSERS WHEN ENTERING AND LEAVING THE SURGERY
- PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES
- A member of our team will need to hold your pet whilst they are treated to ensure we keep a distance of more than one metre. You will be asked to wait outside the consulting room during this time
- PLEASE ORDER AND PAY FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS AND FOOD BEFORE COMING TO COLLECT.
- When collecting orders please wait outside the building and telephone the surgery to let reception know you have arrived. Our team will being your items outside to keep numbers to a minimum inside the surgery
- MANY ITEMS MAY BE POSTED TO YOU.
- We are happy to continue to post your non-urgent medication directly to reduce the numbers of people needing to attend the surgery. Our current prices for posting are: Royal Mail 1st Class £4.20, Royal Mail Special Delivery (for controlled items) £8.50
- WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY ACCEPTING CARD PAYMENTS.
- To reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus, we are unable to accept cash or cheque payments at this time
Our absolute priority if the health and safety of our team, clients and patients and we will take all steps we possibly can to continue to provide the best possible care for your pets.